CQuartz TiO2 30ml Kit
EXPERIENCE AN ORIGINAL...STILL ONE OF THE BEST!
CQuartz TiO2 (aka CQuartz) is the latest adaptation of the original Quartz-based coating that put the advances of Nanotechnology in the hands of detailing enthusiasts, CarPro CQuartz remains at the cutting edge of automotive protection technology with constant advances and improvements throughout the years. CQuartz bonds to paint, glass, metal, and plastic at a molecular level, effectively becoming a functional element of the vehicle’s surface. This coating’s hard hydrophobic, glass-like finish helps to protect your vehicle from weathering, UV-damage, industrial and organic fallout, acids, alkalines, light wash-marring and abrasion for up to 2-years whilst making it easier to clean than ever before. If you find maintaining your vehicle’s beauty a challenge, it’s time to experience the CQuartz legend for yourself...
- (1) 50ml bottle of CQuartz
- (1) Applicator Block
- (5) 4" Microfiber Suede Applicators
- Reflective Hologram CQuartz stickers
- SiO2 (Quartz) & Tio2 (Titanium) Hybrid coating for extreme reflections, gloss, "self-cleaning", and resistance to oxidation)
- Extremely durable hard glossy coat, which can help, protect against acid rain, bird droppings, corrosive traffic film, tar and harmful UV rays for more than 2 years.
- Offers a deep, rich gloss with self-cleaning properties, making future washing of your vehicle, faster and easier. CQuartz can prevent 50% of light wash marring.
- CQuartz contains ceramic nano-particles found within glass alongside TiO2 nano-particles creating a highly reflective, transparent layer offering incredible durability
- Average thickness of each CQuartz layer is approximately 1µm ~ 2µm.
- Once applied, CQuartz forms a strong bond directly to the paint becoming one with the painted surface and offering a true sacrificial barrier to the environment.
- CQuartz active ingredients form a precise and uniformed level layer, giving strong water and oil repellency and resisting most stains on the paints surface.
- Resists extremely high temperatures.
- Recommended working temperatures: 50F to 100F
- If environmental temperatures are below 60F consider CQuartz UK.
- If contamination exists, Iron X and clay your vehicle before polishing.
- To gain the most from Cquartz your vehicle should have all surfaces 100% clean and paint polished to a high level
- Use CarPro Reflect to achieve an incredible high gloss finish in less time with no fillers
- Use CarPro Eraser to remove any oils leftover after polishing - This is critical to ensure durability of CQuartz
- We recommend Coating Removal Towels: CarPro 2 Face (No Lint) 16" x 16" - Blue/ Orange 10 Pack, Microfiber Madness Slogger (16" x 16") or Edgeless White Polish Towel - 16" x 16"
- We recommend Extra Suede Applicators if applying more than 1 coat - CarPro Suede MicroFiber Applicator 4"x4" 10 PACK
- Finding the right time to "level" (wipe off) excess coating after it flashes:
- Start with a single 2ft x 2ft test section to determine flash time before applying coating to entire vehicle. Flash time will vary depending on temperature, humidity, air movement, paint type, how thick it is applied, and more.
- If coating is applied thick then the coating will take longer to flash. If applied thin it will flash faster. Hot temps will cause it to flash faster, Cold Temps will cause it to flash slower. Air movement will cause it to flash faster.
- When it starts to flash you will see colors that will make the coating look like a rainbow or oil slick. You will see hints of blue, purple, red, and yellow.
- Remove too soon and it will be oily with no grab to it when wiping. If you wipe off too soon it will not give the coating a chance to bond.
- Remove too late and it becomes hard to remove.
- The time to remove is when you feel just a little push back or "grab" against your towel but it is not difficult to remove and it is no longer oily. It may leave some streaks at first but with the second wipe of a fresh clean side of the towel, the streaks should wipe off and the paint should be nice and clear.
- Lighting - Lighting is key to make sure you wipe off completely when you do wipe off. You don't want spot lighting like would use on paint correction but ambient lighting. Look at the paint from different angles to make sure none of the coating is missed. Spot lighting will "wash out" the high spots visually. Think of it like this: when you wipe off a sealant you have hours to go and check it again outside or in other lighting. In this case you need to pay attention as you go rather then wait an hour. Thorough removal of the coating is very necessary as any product left on the surface will harden and require polishing to remove soon after.
- Cquartz Tio2 - Wait between 1-5 minutes depending on temps, humidity, and paint and find the right window to wipe when you’re doing your test panel. Generally in summer temps 2-3 min. Too soon and it will still be oily. Too late and it becomes hard to remove.
- High spots - A high spot is excess coating that was not leveled (wiped off). Most of the time it will look like an application mark. If you discover to them within minutes then a bit more product will lift them. Otherwise you would use a dot of finishing polish such as CarPro Essence or Reflect and rub the high spot off, wipe it down with Eraser or your IPA of choice, and then re-coat that area and onto the area around it by about 6". Then start wiping off the perimeter immediately and slowly work inwards to feather it until you reach the area you are trying to re-coat at the appropriate time.
Directions: Use only in good ambient lighting